Age: Rising 5
Height: 16 hh
Sire: Quantum (Quidam De Revel/Cor De La Bryere)
Dam: Cera Chiraz (Colman/Carinjo)
Owner: Sarah Isbister
Bred at Cera Stud in New South Wales. ‘Orange’ shows natural athleticism, a great technique over the fence and absolutely loves to jump! We can’t wait to get this handsome fellow out to competitions in 2020.
The Holsteiner stallion Quantum is by Quidam de Revel, who finished 4th individually in the Barcelona Olympics and bred the stallion/grand prix winners Nabab de Reve, Dollar de la Pierre, Guidam and Verdi. Quantum’s dam is by top sire and sire of sires ‘Cor de la Bryere’ who bred the Grand Prix jumping stallions ‘Calletto I’, ‘Corrado’, ‘Corland’ and ‘Cordalme Z’ .
Quantum himself completed his approval as reserve champion. His granddam Ella also bred the stallion’Constant’ who was sire of the great olympic competitor and stallion ‘Chin Chin’. His great granddam, Dorette also bred the good sires ‘Roman’ and ‘Farn’, the latter the sire of the great grand prix jumper stallion and sire of sires ‘Nimmerdor’.
Out of his first crop, Quantum produced four international performers:
- Quin Chin (Quantum x Campione)
- Ridden by Manuel Fernandez Saro (sold for 1,200,000 euro at Paul Schockemohle’s auction);
- Quintero Ask (Quantum x Chamonix)
- Ridden by Rolf-Goran Bengtsson – 3rd GP Saut Hermes Paris & 3rd GP Bordeaux;
- Karatina (Quantum x Calato)
- Ridden by Penelope Leprevost; and
- Ridden by Janne-Frederike Meyer.
Quantum is the sire of many other international jumpers, here are a few:
- Quality Time (Quantum x Cantus)
- 1st GP CSI5* San Patrigano & 2nd GP CSI-W5* Helsnki
- Marengo (Quantum x Lesanto)
- Ridden by Hillary Dobbs – 11 international victories including CSIO4* Geneva .
- Silverstras (Quantum x Corofino)
- Placed in GP CSIO5* Rome & GP CSIO5* St Gallon , 3rd Italian Championships in 2012.
- Saskia (Quantum x Carthago)
- 4th GP CSIO4* Bridgehampton & 11th GP CSI5* Calgary.
- Chopin (Quantum x Corofino)
- 1st Italian Junior Champs, 3rd European Junior Champs, placed Global Champions Tour of Vienna CSI5*.
- Qualifying de Hus (Quantum x Alcatraz)
- 3rd GP Gucci Paris Masters, 1st CSI Lyon.
- Lerche (Quantum x Linaro)
- 2nd GP CSI Calgary & CSIO Buenos Aires.
- Karatina (Quantum x Calato)
- Ridden by Penelope Leprevost – 1st GP CSI3* St Lo.
- Candy (Quantum x Laurin)
- Placed GP CSI5* Global Champions Tour of Monaco.
Dam: CERA CHIRAZ
Cera Quantero’s dam Cera Chiraz (by Colman), is out of the imported mare Valenzia (by Carinjo).
Carinjo is a successful international showjumper ridden by frenchman Patrice Delaveau and the pair have notched up plenty of wins at 1.60m level including the CSI5* Longines Los Angeles Masters, the CSI5* Grand Prix in Chantilly, 2nd place in the Aachen Grand Prix. Carinjo was champion of his year at his licensing in 2003 and has already produced numerous State Premium mares, high quality performance horses and licensed stallion sons.
Valenzia descends from a highly successful sport family Holstein Stamm 242. Her sister Nischa was successful to 1.50m level and produced the Reserve licensing champion Con Cosmos. Valenzia has an approved stallion brother Barkeeper who was also successful in sport, and two other siblings have been highly successful in showjumping. Her grandmother produced Loro Piana Chiclana who has been successful at the highest level of international showjumping.
Further back are more legends in international showjumping, Calypso I & Ladalco.
Valenzia has already produced a licensed stallion son, Crumble (by Colman) who was licensed in Holstein in November 2012 and is also approved in Hannover and Oldenburg. Crumble topped his 30 day stallion performance test with 9.5 for jumping and went on to complete his 70 day test in 2nd place overall. He has started jumping under saddle and has many wins and places already.
Which makes Cera Quantero’s dam Cera Chiraz a FULL sister to Crumble, as she is also by Colman.
Dam Sire: COLMAN
The Superstar among all Holsteiner stallions standing at stud in Germany. Impressive individual with fabulous jumping ability. The most exciting jumper stallion both under saddle and in the breeding shed. In his 100-dayperformance-test Colman won the jumping part and also won in all phases although he was the youngest stallion at the test.
He is a son of the international show jumper Carthago. Dam’s sire Lord became one of the most famous stallions in the Holsteiner breed. In the third generation we find the outstanding thoroughbred Marlon xx. Colman represents the Holsteiner dam line 223a which is also present in the following Holsteiner stallions Camposanto, Conello, De Kooning and Loredano.
Colman has already produced more than one dozen high quality licensed sons, e.g. Cancoon, Culture I and II, Catwalk, Con Cosmos, Casinos, Colmander, Colmani, Contagio, Cool Crack, Cottbus and Coulthard. The oldest offspring are starting to be very successful in young jumper competitions and made their sire one of the leading German stallions.